Recipe: Perfect Mom's chicken salad

Mom's chicken salad. I'd bring my mom's chicken salad with me to school in a zippered cooler, where other kids would beg fruitlessly for me to trade lunches. My friends would ask for it when they came over to my house. This recipe my mom found years ago.

Mom's chicken salad Can you guess the secret ingredient that makes this Chicken Salad Sandwich taste better than any other? Put together chicken, celery, grapes, pecans, olives and lemon juice. Mom's Chicken Salad Recipe. by CookEatShare Cookbook. You can have Mom's chicken salad using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.

Ingredients of Mom's chicken salad

  1. Prepare 6 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
  2. You need 1/2 cup of chopped bread and butter pickles.
  3. You need 1 of chopped small onion.
  4. Prepare 4 of chopped celery ribs.
  5. You need 2 cups of kraft mayo.
  6. Prepare 1 cup of miracle whip.
  7. You need to taste of salt and pepper.

Cook or bake chicken breasts, then cube or shred. (Can also buy precooked and diced chicken). Chicken Salad is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna git. Everyone likes chicken salad different ways: ground up and fine, large and chunky, chock full of onions, nuts.

Mom's chicken salad step by step

  1. Boil the chicken until done.. cool completely and clean all fat etc off.. chop and shred.
  2. Mix all ingredients together and chill..
  3. If it soaks up the mayo alot.. which breasts tend to do. Add more mayo and miracle whip.. I like mine a bit dry...
  4. This recipe makes a good bit.. great for celebrations and parties...
  5. I serve with fresh crusty rolls or bread. it is also great with a variety of crackers..
  6. Enjoy..
  7. Side note.. if the breasts are small use 8 instead of 6.. fyi. I used 8 and an entire jar of mayo and 2 cups of miracle whip...
  8. .
  9. .

While there, I helped my mom whip up some chicken salad for lunch. We used canned chicken because it was quick and convenient. A vacation is suppose to be a vacation, we didn't want to spend. Light and delicious, this easy chicken salad recipe is one of my favorite ways to keep lunch simple. It's sweet with a bit of tang, and the apples and nuts give it just the right amount of crunch.

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter